Friday, February 18, 2011

WORDS

RESOLVE... I hate that word. I know I was rather cavalier with the use of that word in my last blog post. In fact, I even put it in the title. Today I am wondering where is the woman who started this blog? She was full of resolve. Her resolve was emblazoned across the title of her blog. Where is the resolved woman who wrote "With my own two hands... acknowledging the state of the world and my place in it, I have decided to take responsibility for my actions. With my own two hands I will change my life, I will change my attitude, and I will change the world." And what have I changed?

Perhaps not much.

But let this be said, I have been changed.

First of all, let me add a number 16 to my list of new year's resolutions. Rewrite my blog heading. It is rather lame and slightly naive. Second of all, let it be known that I have been changed by the most basic, yet epic moments of human development. The power of words is easy to underestimate. Yet, words have saved and slain, simultaneously changed the course of history and captured it in books. Today my little Olivia shared her first words with the world. The joy I had in that moment was this blissful combination of pride and awe. This tiny little being that I birthed into this world gained the ability to speak! Just seven months ago she was this tiny little creature clinging to me for life and now she is a slightly less tiny creature who can say two words, "Mama" and "Dada". I caught this moment on camera and have put it on facebook, my level of excitement was borderline embarrassing, but I am glad that my reaction is also on tape. If you haven't checked it out yet, go do it now!

Suffice to say, that this was one of those changing moments for me. The world is a great, complex and beautiful place worthy of saving once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment