Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Resolved

I have been milling over what I would like to resolve in 2011 and here is my list. Some are peculiar, some trivial and others will likely be on my list of New Year's resolutions for the next 20 years. So here goes...

1. Work to either change my habit of procrastinating or to accept it. I haven't decided yet.

2. Feed my family really well. This may seem a little odd, but I really think that eating well has an immense impact on our health, our overall enjoyment of life and the environment. As a part of this I will aim to try at least 2 new recipes a month and blog about them. I will also include some of the more enjoyable moments of Olivia's journey into the gastro world.

3. Write. I am working on a collection of short stories which currently consists of random scribbles on scrap paper and about 4 unfinished pieces. I hope to finish at least 5 stories this year, whether or not anything comes of them is entirely moot. I also want to blog and write at least one children's story. In addition I plan to write mroe cards and letters.

4. Enjoy the hell out of my last 4 months of maternity leave. I want to spend as much time as possible with my sweet little babe. Reading her stories, playing guitar for her, and generally loving her to bits! I want to keep on volunteering. I am currently working in the nursery at church, helping with worship services and working at the community thrift store.

5. Get out and do stuff. I want to be a member of my lovely little community of Didsbury.

6. Give my dreary blog a face lift.

7. Facebook less and face time more.

8. READ... and educate myself in general. It should be noted that so far I am doing a smashing job at this one. I read to Olivia almost every night and have renewed my love of children's literature.

9. Walk and cycle more.

10. Support local business as much as it is feasible to do so.

11. Play, listen too and enjoy music as much as I used too. This includes expanding my record collection by at least 3 records off of my must have list this year.

12. Grow something for my family. Last year I grew herbs, pumpkins, strawberries, peas, onions, and zuchinis. While my crop my a little stunted by the August snowfall (I ended up with teeny, tiny everything) it still made me feel like a woman of the earth to be able to grow my own food.

13. Get more involved in my church community.

14. Channel my inner domestic goddess again! I miss her!

15. Find some sort of employment that makes a difference in the world. A vocation where I can make the world a better place for at least one person, and also recieve a paycheck.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good list of goals. I am especially interested in the recipes, I'm trying to make better recipes this year too. So far not too bad, I've made one greek(ish) dinner, which I hadn't made before. - Calvin

    ReplyDelete