Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sneak Peak

I am firm believer that this generation, my generation, has been called to change the world, to quote Bono "The fact is that this generation... we're the first generation that can look at poverty and disease, look across the ocean to Africa and say with a straight face, we can be the first to end this sort of stupid extreme poverty, where in the world of plenty, a child can die for lack of food in his belly." I also believe that this change must first and foremost take place on a very real, very personal level. This said, I realize that I must change myself, my lifestyle, my way of thinking, to change the world. The stereotype of the self effacing servant is perhaps not functional in the 21st century. I need to change myself in order to make the greatest, best possible impact in the world.

Micah 6:8

He has showed you, O mankind, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

So how do I respond to this? Change. Let myself be changed. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment